For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is The Keep Boutique Ltd registered 52 High Street HA1 3LL Harrow On The Hill.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.thekeepboutique.com (“Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by The Keep Boutique Ltd, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The data collected by cookies is anonymous. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer's hard drive by searching for files with “cookie” in it and deleting them. In addition, if you want to stop cookies from being stored on your computer, you can edit your browser settings so that cookies are blocked. Unfortunately, if you block cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website. For more information about cookies, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
Web beacons consist of a small string of software code that represents a graphic image request on a page or email. There may or may not be a visible graphic image associated with the web beacon and often the image is designed to blend into the background of a page or email. Web beacons can be used for many purposes – including site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising auditing and reporting, and personalization. Web beacons used by www.trouva.com collect only anonymous data.
In order to improve the Website and the services we offer you, we may use (temporary and persistent) cookies, authorized third parties cookies, web beacons and/or other technologies to collect non-personally identifiable data. This non-personally identifiable data helps us to track browsing behavior, to create specific or tailor-made offers or advertisements, and to monitor and record the visits and use of the Website.
In order to understand how people use the Website and for marketing analysis and quality improvement purposes, we (and/or third party service providers) may collect, record, process and use on an anonymous basis certain information (including the total number of transactions, viewed pages, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp information and details like the number and location of mouse clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling activity and the search words you use while being on and using the Website).
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Stripe or Paypal payment technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Keep Boutique Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 32/33 Granville Arcade, Coldharbour Lane, London, SW9 8PR or at email@example.com.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.